A careful cut of dolcetto and barbera, from which comes the etymology of its name (DOL-BA). The wine is cut after malo lactic fermentation and the goal is that of a medium-bodied wine with the freshness of Barbera and the rustic tannin of Dolcetto.
- Type : red wine
- Grape varieties : Dolcetto-Barbera 40% -60%
- Name : Langhe DOC
- Production area : Barolo and Vergne
- Collection period : mid-September
- Alcohol content : 13% vol.
- Total acidity : 5.9 g / l
- Dry extract : 26 g / l
- First year of wine production : 1998
Thinning in the vineyard and selection during grape harvesting. Collection in 20Kg cases. The vinification of the 2 grape varieties takes place separately. After the destemming-crushing, maceration and alcoholic fermentation takes place on the buccie for 10-12 days in steel tanks. Malolactic fermentation at 20 ° C.
For 12 months, part in wooden barrels of different capacities of 15-20-40hl and partly in tanks of temperature-controlled steel. The cut between the two varieties can involve wines coming from different years. Bottling in late summer. Further 6 months aging follows in the bottle before being sold.
- Color : intense ruby red
- Perfumes : spices, undergrowth, fruit jam, wild flowers
- Accostamenti : starters based on cured meats and peppers, pasta based dishes, pizza, meat white.
- Service temperature : 16-18 ° C
- Recommended glass : red wine glass (Spiegelau wine series)
- Ability to evolve : 3-5 years