I VINI VIBERTI
Barolo Riserva La Volta
La Volta Barolo DOCG riserva
the grapes coming from the vineyard of the same name, are vinified with a submerged cap, to encourage greater extraction in particular during the first days of fermentation. Depending on the year, the duration of the maceration varies from 14 to 21 days. The subsequent malo-lactic fermentation takes place in steel containers, immediately after the end of the alcoholic fermentation, keeping the temperature at a temperature of 20 ° C stable and controlled. The wine remains on its fine lees for a period of up to 4 months. In years that are particularly suited to long aging, the wine is aged in conical vats for a period of 46 months, followed by a brief period of 3 months in steel and a further 12 months of aging in bottle. The label is Barolo Riserva La Volta. The wine has hints of ripe fruit and evolutive notes.
- Type b>: red wine
- Grape varieties b>: 100% Nebbiolo
- Name b>: Barolo DOCG RISERVA
- Production area b>: Barolo, La Volta vineyard
- Harvesting period b>: from mid to late October
- Alcohol content b>: 14% vol.
- Total acidity b>: 6 g / l
- Dry extract b>: 27.5 mg / l
- First year of wine production b>: 1989
PRODUCED ONLY IN PARTICULAR YEARS, CONSIDERED SUITABLE FOR THE RESERVE VERSION.
Thinning in the vineyard and selection during grape harvesting. Collection in 20Kg cases. After the destemming-crushing, maceration and alcoholic fermentation takes place on the skins in rotovinificatori with submerged cap. Malolactic fermentation follows at a controlled temperature of 20 ° C.
Up to 46 months in oak conical vats with a capacity of 50 hl. A further refinement of a couple of months in steel before bottling and 12 months in the bottle before being put on sale with the mention RISERVA. La Volta version includes only Nebbiolo grapes from La Volta vineyard in Barolo.
- Color b>: garnet red
- Perfumes b>: spices, mineral aromas and tertiary notes, ripe fruit, liquorice
- Matches b>: game, cheeses and cured meats
- Service temperature b>: 18 ° C
- Ability to evolve b>: 30+ years