Ravera Barolo DOCG riserva
In 2013, the collaboration with the Cravero family from Barolo granted us the rent of this splendid vineyard characterized by white marls and an exposition in the midday sun. Its uniqueness prompted us to bottle it individually despite renting. The fortune of having begun its cultivation in the splendid and long-lived 2013 vintage made us immediately aware of the potential, the limits and the facets of this particular cru of the municipality of Barolo. It should be remembered that a small part of the grapes is part of the historic label Buon Padre.
- Type: red wine
- Grape varieties: 100% Nebbiolo
- Denomination: Barolo, Ravera vineyard
- Production area: Barolo, Ravera vineyard
- Harvesting period: from mid to late October
- Alcohol: 14,5% vol.
- Total acidity: 5,8 g/l
- Dry extract: 27.5 mg/l
- First year of wine production: 2013
PRODUCED ONLY IN PARTICULAR YEARS, CONSIDERED SUITABLE FOR THE RESERVE VERSION.
Thinning in the vineyard and selection at the time of grape harvest. Collection in boxes of 20Kg. After the destemming-crushing, takes place the maceration and alcoholic fermentation on skins in vertical hat-making vats. Fermentation follows malolactic fermentation at a controlled temperature of 20 ° C.
Up to 46 months in conical trunks in oak with a capacity of 50 hl. A further refinement of a couple of months in steel before bottling and 12 months in bottle before being put on sale with the mention RISERVA.
The Ravera version includes only Nebbiolo grapes from the Ravera vineyard in Barolo..
- Color: garnet red
- Perfumes: undergrowth, tar, tertiary: undergrowth, tar, tertiary
- Matches: cheeses, cured meats, stewed and grilled meats
- Service temperature: 18°C
- Ability to evolve: 30+ years