“Rinato” meaning re-born is a tribute to the glorious Viberti estate Chardonnay firstly produced in 1988.
A true Rinascimento after 30 years with new know-how and goals.
The old winemaking technique had been preserved looking back when Giovanni & GianLuca Viberti were making Chardonnay with the use of french oak barrel.
The method had been improved with the goal to preserve a wine identity , a terrori , giving as a results a remarkable unique taste.
- Type : white wine
- Grape varieties : 100% Chardonnay
- Name : Langhe DOC
- Production area : Vergne, District of Barolo. Vineyards facing alps & Monviso rocky mountain
- Harvesting period : Second decade of September
- Alcohol content : 13,5% vol.
- Total acidity : 4.5 g/l
- First year of wine production : 2018
Thinning in the vineyard and selection during grape harvesting.
Hand harvest in 20 Kg cases. After soft pressing with the use of an air press (40% without stalk and 60% with stalk).
Than the grape must is moved in the stainless steel vats, for the decantation of the lees. after the wine is helped to start the fermentation with native yeast.
The must is again moved.
-60% in 600litres tonneaux made by french oak, where half is new oak and half is 1 year used barrels, for a spontaneous fermentation
-40% in stainless steel at 9-10° Temperature controlled fermentation
The malolactic fermentation and the ageing takes place on the fine lees for 10-12 months according to the vintage with no sulphites added. A batonage action can take place over the ageing process. The wine is then blended and separate from lees and later bottled without filtration.
- Color : straw yellow
- Perfumes : fruity, pear williams, bread crust , banana, butter, honey
- Food pairings : first and second courses based on fish, cheeses
- Service temperature : 14 ° C
- Ability to evolve : 12-15 years