Barbera d'Alba Superiore Bricco Airoli
It is a wine produced from a selection of two Barbera vineyards. The first vineyard located in the Bricco delle Viole cru is dated 1950, while the second slightly younger was planted in 1955. Vinified as a Barolo, with hat fermentations emerged longer than the younger sister Gemella, is aged for 30 months in the same Tines used for Barolo, then bottled. Nose of black cherry and cherry, great finesse and elegance on the palate. Long in the mouth with remarkable persistence. A wine considered "Baroleggiante" in its style, but above all thanks to its land of origin. Its highest expression is reached in the hottest years.
- Typology : red wine
- Grape varieties : 100% Barbera
- Denomination : Barbera d'Alba DOC Superiore
- Production area : Barolo locality Vergne Bricco Airoli
- Alcohol content : 13% vol.
- Total acidity : 5.85 g / l
- Dry extract : 27 mg / l
- First year of wine production : 1946
Winemaking Thinning in the vineyard and selection during grape harvesting. Collection in 20Kg cases. After the destemming-crushing, maceration and alcoholic fermentation takes place on the peel in emerged hat vertical winemakers.
Aging takes place in the same oak vats used also for Barolo for a period of about 30 months. Also in this case, as in the Barolo wines, the wood is not toasted.
- Color : ruby red with evident purple notes
- Perfumes : cherry, sour cherry, ripe fruit
- Matches : game, grilled pork, cheeses and cured meats
- Service temperature : 16-18 ° C
- Ability to evolve : 12+ years