Barolo DOCG MONVIGLIERO
Monvigliero is the hill top vineyard of the northern village of Barolo region , named Verduno.
The wine is a champion of elegance and finesse with a soft accessible tannins.
Remarkable light ruby red garnet colour.
Smooth taste and round aftertaste.
Monvigliero reppresent the committement of the Viberti family to work with some of the top Barolo parcels storically farmed by the same families since generations.
The golden cap identify the wines produced from grapes purchased in storical parcels farmed by their storical owners. While the red cap are the Viberti estate bottled Barolos
- Type: red wine
- Grape varieties: 100% Nebbiolo
- Denomination: Barolo DOCG
- Production area: Verduno, Monvigliero vineyard
- Alcohol: 14% vol
- Total acidity: 5 g/l
- Dry extract: 28 mg/l
- First year of wine production: 2017
Thinning in the vineyard and selection during grape harvesting. Collection in 20Kg cases. After the destemming-crushing, maceration and alcoholic fermentation takes place on the skin for for 14-16 days, in emerged skin cap sistem. The malolactic fermentation takes place in a small vertical barrel made by no toasted french oak at no temperature controlled.
For 24 months in the same oak barrel used for the malolactic fermentation The wine is then bottled and a further refinement of 20 months in bottle takes place before being released in the market.
- Color: light garnet colour
- Perfumes: Ethereal, small red fruits & dry flowers
- Matches: game, red meats, cheeses and cured meats
- Service temperature: 16-18°C
- Ability to evolve: 10-20 years